Thursday, February 22, 2007

A Challenge to the Larger Church

Does your "manner of life present a challenge to the larger church?" I hope so.

Think about it: a challenge to love your neighbor as yourself, a challenge to put an end to intolerance and discrimination, a challenge to stand up for justice no matter what the cost.

I'm going to try. What if all bloggers included this phrase in our titles:

"My Manner of Life Represents a Challenge to the Larger Church"

What if we all bought a "Manner of Life" button or a t-Shirt at the Republic of Dogs and wear it proudly?

And sing it, proudly: "My manner of life presents a challenge to the larger church"

 "You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick.  And if two people, two people do it, in harmony,
they may think they're both faggots... And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin a bar of "My Manner of Life" and walking out. They may think it's an
organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day, I said, fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of "My Manner of Life"
and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement."

And that's what it is, the "My Manner of Life" Anti-Intolerance Movement, and all you got to do to join is sing it the next time it come's around on the
guitar. With feeling.

Let's do it.

(apologies to Arlo Guthrie for the liberties)

1 comment:

Caminante said...

As I wrote somewhere else in the blogosphere, I have taken to wearing 'My manner of life,' when I am out working in the rectory garden, partly because if I am out there, I am off-duty so whoever comes by to talk with me has to abide by my political shirts. I bought it right after General Convention.