Monday, June 30, 2008

We have a winner!

Brian R. wins a bottle of gravy from Grendel for guessing that Aghaveagh is in the Loire Valley, France.

Here is the latest castle pic:


I think I have gained five pounds on Brie and pate, not to mention red wine. My liver is groaning audibly...

The dollar is so low now that if it weren't for the friends we are mooching off of (staying in their 17th-century farmhouse and helping them with renovations) there would be no way to afford it on professorial stipendage...

4 comments:

Fran said...

I am insanely jealous. Do your friends need additional help?

That said, I would have to float over on a piece of driftwood and then hitch inland. It could take awhile...

Bon voyage! And your liver will recover!!

Brian R said...

Thanks but think Grendel might prefer to keep the gravy and France is one of my favourite places but having just spent 2 months in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Baltic States, Sweden and Finland, think I had better stay home for next 12 months. However the Euro and Aussie have remained much the same but it is a lot cheaper now for me to visit the States so you never know.

Diane M. Roth said...

we were just in Paris for 4 days. husband's stepson works for an airline and got us a deal. I had never ever been to Europe before.

Oh! I know how you feel about the dollar!

Diane M. Roth said...

p.s. I am putting you on my new blogroll so I don't lose track of you again!