Saturday, February 16, 2008

This woman is brilliant. Just brilliant.

I have been blown away by the most recent post of our dear Doxy. One would not wish to diminish her brilliance by saying "as usual", but indeed, as usual, she states her case with eloquence, feeling, and a level of perception that few mortals achieve in this transitory life.

Good Grief! I am staunchly of the hetero camp but I would marry this woman in a heartbeat!

Dear Lord,
I wish for Doxy Dearest a man worthy of her--no punches pulled, out-and-out intellectual and emotional equality. I wish her joy and happiness to drive away the sorrow of her previous experiences.


And if that is not what she desires, well, I have a dog here who desperately wants to marry her...

3 comments:

Fran said...

Brava. I read her post the other day - I am not that well acquainted with Doxy, but I was blown away by her words.

This is lovely of you to put up in response, but then you are lovely so no surprise there!

Diane M. Roth said...

she IS brilliant.

Wormwood's Doxy said...

Y'all are making me blush. I'm happy if it moved you...it tied me in knots for weeks writing it.

Aghaveagh--your mouth to God's ear, dearest. (Sorry I'm late in responding---I've been away with my Dear Friend. It was, without a doubt, the best Valentine's Day of my whole life. :-)

But just put that sweet boy on a plane, and we'll set all those doomsayers in the Anglican Communion to talking:

"See!!! We told you if we let the homos in, they'd be wanting to marry their dogs next!" ;-)